 Town / 5721
Re: Theater, Bookstore, and Park
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 04:51:13 GMT

In lugnet.town, Manfred Moolhuysen writes:
In lugnet.announce.moc, Mitch Hiveley writes:
I'd like to share a few of my recent efforts with folks:

http://www.lugnet.com/~173

I realy like the 1920th style theater, it has a similar atmosphere like the
famous theather "Tuschinsky" in my home town Amsterdam:
(see:  http://www.rnw.nl/culture/html/tuschinski011119.html)

However, I believe it would gain appernce if you make the tower behind the
central collonade / on top of the roof a bit taller and wider, with maybe a
very steep sloping angle (for instance reces by half a stud every 3 bick
layers) This would give a better backdrop for the top of the central collonade.

Great suggestion - that would certainly give the entire structure a much
more thoroughly art deco feel.  I didn't intentionally set out to create an
art deco building, but my stereotypes about theaters certainly include many
of those influences.

The sign itself is currently separate from the square building.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Calico/hiveleywood/crown/11.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Calico/hiveleywood/crown/12.jpg

This is modeled after some older building signage I walk by on my way to
work each day.  I originally made the mountings and braces more prominent in
the Crown model, but the result extended too far into the street for my tastes.

Thanks again for your time and comments!