 Town / 5720
Re: Theater, Bookstore, and Park
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 04:28:50 GMT

In lugnet.town, Nathan Wells writes:
In lugnet.announce.moc, Mitch Hiveley writes:
I'd like to share a few of my recent efforts with folks:

http://www.lugnet.com/~173

I welcome any and all feedback with regard to construction, photography,
graphic file manipulation, and ftx.

I hope that you enjoy - Thank you for your time.

Dude!!! That is AWESOME!!!  The theatre is sooooo cool!  There so much
chrome!  How'd you make the spotlights and sign?  Some disassembled pics
would be much appreciated.
The vacant blue/grey store and the fountain look cool too.

Nathan Wells

Thanks for your enthusiasm!  I took some additional pics which give a little
bit more insight into the sign and searchlights.

The sign took me several hours of building and rebuilding to remove gaps and
such.  The key pieces are 1x1 'headlight' bricks and 1x1 5-studded bricks to
accommodate the studs-out-in-every-direction result. The final product is
extremely sturdy and attaches to the theater building using a combination of
technic pegs and 4-stud rods.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Calico/hiveleywood/crown/11.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Calico/hiveleywood/crown/12.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Calico/hiveleywood/crown/13.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Calico/hiveleywood/crown/14.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Calico/hiveleywood/crown/15.jpg

When visualizing the searchlights, the key for me was getting them mounted
at aesthetic angles.  This is accomplished using technic ball/socket joints
(like Yoda's eyes).  This also results in searchlights that can search -
they actually move!  The vital visual element is of course those big chrome
Naboo fighter engines:-)

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Calico/hiveleywood/crown/16.jpg

After moderation...

Thanks again.