 Town / 5436
Re: Large Church
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 1 Nov 2002 17:48:49 GMT

In lugnet.town, Amy Hughes writes:
In lugnet.town, Paul Janssen writes:
My latest church project...

A very impressive work. Nice detail. I love the organ. Wouldn't it be nice >ifLEGO did a trans brick bulk pack? :-)

Amy

Thanks. No it would, why, I just shelled out $100's to get all the trans
bricks for my stain windows, I hate to see prices drop right after I spend
good $$ on 'em. I don't need them anymore....:>) (Actually, just a few more
would be nice to fill in some gaps,)
It was bad enough I spend $5.00 per 75 degrees 2x2x3 slope in black for all
my steeples (I bought over 60). Now, with the re-release of the BF castle, I
can get them for $<$2.00 a piece, arrgghh. These steeples I desgined and
build first, I should have waited. The top third (so the top section plus
the roof) of the 2 big front towers are only connected with a few studs
(using tiles and 1x2 plates with 1 stud). I can disassemble them to reduce
height for possible transport. Unfortunately, I am not really close to a
Lego club here in Columbus, OH. I'll have to see where the neaest one is
(MI?). Maybe someone will one day ask me to put it on display somewhere.
I've build it in 3 sections too for that reason. Soon I will be removing the
grey baseplates I've temproarily build it on, and move its to its designated
spot in my town. Unfortunately, finishing the rest of my town is scheduled
not until 2018 or so..(but I'll try to finish earlier...).
ongoing projects (random order): monorail+layout, passenger train(s)
+layout, office buidling, mass-transport station. Got 80% of the bricks, no
time.

Paul

ps. I got an email yesterday from someone who offered to buy the church for
$500. I think I'll decline......