 Town / 5428
Re: Large Church
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 18:07:00 GMT

In lugnet.town, Adrian Drake writes:
Wow, that's absolutely gorgeous!  Is it based off any particularly church >model?

Adrian
--
www.brickfrenzy.com

It's gross contours are loosely based on the Church in my birthcity,
Roermond, the Netherlands (based on 4 photos I found on the web). However,
alot of it is freestyle, because large portions of the original church are
round, or octagonal including roofs. Also, the inside stuff like the cellar
entrance (I need more/better pics of this), the organ, and ornaments etc are
all fantasy. Much outside stuff too, like the entrance, and number and size
of windows. My tower roofs are all square, where the original ones are about
twice as steep and octagonal. I placed them at a 45 degree angle for a
semi-octangonal feel. I should have taken some pics in the dark. The stain
glass windows kinda look dull in daylight, there are about 10 lego 9 volt
lighbulbs in the church, but my camera kept flashing, so the effect is lost.
I'll try again some time.

Paul