 Town / 5431
Re: Large Church
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 20:01:32 GMT

In lugnet.town, Jason Spears writes:

That's quite the church!  Very nice building.  I like the half stud offset
for the 1x3 arches behind the 1x4 arches.  The stain (trans) glass
appears to have a somewhat random pattern, is there something there >I am not seeing?

On one side ("parking lot"), the big windows form a big cross, red in the
middle, and a layer of light blue and yellow surrounding it. On the other
side, it is a diamond, but does not yet stretch across all windows. These
transparent bricks are hard to find, and not cheap. I will however "stain"
each window, with exception of a few 1x4x3 panels that will remain clear to
allow for looking into the assembled church. The other, smaller windows are
randomized with transparent bricks/plates, some are still clear, but with
time and $$ this will be eventually updated...

Any guess on the number of white arches in this
thing?

just over 100 1x3 arches (collected these for nearly 2 years), nearly 250
1x4 arches, about 100 each for 1x6x2 and 1x8x2, and 40-50 other sized arches.

How many minifigs can it seat?

The front section (first class), has chairs (minifig 2x2 seats), and seat a
total of 34 noblemen/noblewomen. The peasants in the back are crammed onto
benches, and currently there is space for 130. When I ultimantely finish
seating under the staircase, and galleries (2 levels), these will be room
for nearly 300 individuals.

The organ looks fantastic.

Great Work.

Thanks!!