 Town / 4729
Re: MOCs: 6-wide Fed Ex Van, 4-wide VW Beetles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 18:53:31 GMT

"Sean Kenney" <sean@seankenney.com> writes:
Hi there, it's been quite a long time since my last post.  (I recently
moved, so now after 6 months I've finally unpacked all my Lego.)

Well, it's been worth the wait!

I've seen a few done before in Train layouts, so I thought I'd try my hand
at creating a FedEx van:

The neat thing about it is that the whole van was built upside-down ... that
is, all the studs face downward (except the roof & windshield).  I also made
some FedEx logos in photoshop and taped them onto the van, which give it a
great effect.

Golly!  That's amazing.  The wheel attachment mechanism is quite
clever too, I don't believe I've ever seen that before.  I'll have to
try that sometime.

It's impressive that you built it all upside-down, but was that just
for practice or is there some aspect to it that makes it necessary?
I'm not able to spot it by looking at the pics.  It's definitely
cleverly built though.

--Bill.

AMAZING BUT TRUE: There is so much sand in northern Africa that if it were
                  spread out it would completely cover the Sahara Desert!