 Town / 4728
Re: MOCs: 6-wide Fed Ex Van, 4-wide VW Beetles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 19:28:19 GMT

I like the Fed-Ex van, but I also was wondering why you did
it upside down.  Was this just as sort of a challenge to
yourself?  Or was there some particular detail you felt only
worked with upside-down bricks?

Thanks.  Well, when I started building the truck, I knew I wanted to use
upside-down 1x2x1 thin-walls for the front skirt (to represent the thin
panel found in front of the front wheels.)  So I knew I needed to "flip"
some pieces.  So, as I was playing with other ideas for the truck, I
stumbled across the piece I ended up using for the rear bumper, which also
had to be flipped upside down.

Given that the front and rear both had to be inverted, I figured, why not
make the whole chassis upside down?  It ended up being an interesting
learning experience for myself, because I got to explore a lot of different
aspects about the geomerty of  Lego that I hadn't gone deeply into before.

It was actually a lot of fun, because I got to think in unconventional ways;
pieces I've used for ages began to look different.

Sean