 Town / 4452
Re: Anyone Else Missing Town?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 18:28:31 GMT

To All,

I would like to see the following sets re-released as Legends sets:

1) <set:6394> Metro Park & Service Tower

One set I missed and I still want, although now I am looking at it and
wondering if I can do better.

2) <set:6361> Mobile Crane

Another good set.

3) <set:6693> Refuse Collection Truck

Awesome set, I was lucky enough to snag this one a short time ago.

4) <set:6393> Big Rig Truck Stop

One of my all time favorite sets. Awesome vehicles, great play set, a lot of
stuff to do, and a great set to start adding to. At one time, I took my TLC
Shell Station, and connected it to this set so it would be both a truck stop
and a conventional gas station. I think with the modern City Center sets,
most of this has ben stripped away to a few vehicles and maybe a real ugly
building.

5) The entire <set:Nautica> line

Great line.

Yeah, these are all great sets. I have always wanted <set: 6668> as well.
If they offered the smaller sets you've listed here as legends, I'd buy a few.

6668 is a nice set as well. I would buy a few of each of the smaller ones.

My feeling about town (or building with Lego in general) is 'build your
own'. I have seen way better work from fans than from TLG (only my opinion,
of course).

Indeed, especially GMLTC and NGLTC among others have had great displays with
an impressive array of towns. (My own club excluded, of course, since I am
biased : ) )

Most of my vehicles pretty much use the same techniques as TLG's
sets, but I try to make them my own, or add my own touches to them.

I need to do that more, I have a whole tub full of mostly TLC's vehicles,
which are fine. But I have a few touch ups I need to do.

My goal is to only have my creations in my layouts.

Right on! I started my Shell Station and my train station just for that as well.

Sets like the Mobile Crane <6361> challenge me. I would like to make that in
6 wide.

Heh, heh. Get John Neal or Steve Ringe excited and say 8 wide. : )

Scott S.