 Town / 4449
Re: Anyone Else Missing Town?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 15:55:44 GMT

In lugnet.town, Bob Parker writes:
In lugnet.town, Mikohl Moree writes:
I sure am. They axed it. LEGO has made Town sets for years, but they just
stopped the good ol' days of, say, 1980-1996. Most things are sub-themes now
that we just have to pass for Town. Oh well. Maybe Lego will make a
comeback. Like I'm hoping for space.

I would like to see the following sets re-released as Legends sets:

1) <set:6394> Metro Park & Service Tower

2) <set:6361> Mobile Crane

3) <set:6693> Refuse Collection Truck

4) <set:6393> Big Rig Truck Stop

5) The entire <set:Nautica> line

Here's to wishful thinking!

- Bob

Yeah, these are all great sets. I have always wanted <set: 6668> as well.
If they offered the smaller sets you've listed here as legends, I'd buy a few.

My feeling about town (or building with Lego in general) is 'build your
own'. I have seen way better work from fans than from TLG (only my opinion,
of course). Most of my vehicles pretty much use the same techniques as TLG's
sets, but I try to make them my own, or add my own touches to them.

My goal is to only have my creations in my layouts.

Sets like the Mobile Crane <6361> challenge me. I would like to make that in
6 wide.

Thanks

Jonathan