 Town / 3233
    Town Style —David Lairson
   Hi All, I'm working hard getting my town/train setup and after visiting a number of other peoples town sites I got to thinking. There are two different styles at work, one is a realistic style, makeing the buildings, etc.. as realistic as possible, (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.town)

        Re: Town Style —Kevin Wilson
     David Lairson wrote in message ... (...) Yes, there's a preferred style - whatever YOU prefer :-) Myself, I like to build realistically, but I still enjoy looking at other people's lego-set-style buildings and layouts. Lego-set-style does use fewer (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.town)

        Re: Town Style —Cary Clark
     At our recent train show, NCLUG had all styles represented. I had large but open-back buildings, next to Jimmy's closed-back Lego-set sized buildings, next to Frank's Paradisa sets, next to Mike Walsh's closed-back buildings, etc. It worked together (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.town)

        Re: Town Style —Greg Kramer
     Interesting topic. I previously did "Lego Style", but did not find it as rewarding as I had hoped. I mixed stock Lego creations with some of my own into a town setting, with a simple track loop around it. It was nice, but, as I said, I felt (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.town)

        Re: Town Style —Dave Amos
     I personally find that the "lego style" I chose was based on space and amount of legos. I have few of either, so in many cases throughout my town layout, my buildings looked like TLC style. However, buildings that could be viewed from all sides had (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.town)

        Re: Town Style —Chris Fortier
   (...) I really never thought of this, but I use a mix of styles, each has its own advantages. The open-backs allow for extensive photo taking of scenes inside the buliding (if you have a small web-cam, that is) while the realistic style is just (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.town)