 Town / 3241
Re: Town Style
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 14:12:17 GMT

In lugnet.town, David Lairson writes:
Hi All,
I'm working hard getting my town/train setup and after visiting a number of
other peoples town sites I got to thinking. There are two different styles
at work, one is a realistic style, makeing the buildings, etc.. as realistic
as possible, and the "lego" style, which we all know (open backed buildings,
buildings that are only about 8-10 studs deep, etc..) I've been building my
stuff in the lego stlye, so that I can use Lego sets in my town with out
them standing out.
My question for the groop is, is there a prefered style to use? I'm sure
it's just a matter of personal opinion, but I would like so people to share
their views on it...
Thanks,
David

Cross posted to lugnet.trains

I really never thought of this, but I use a mix of styles, each has its own
advantages.  The open-backs allow for extensive photo taking of scenes
inside the buliding (if you have a small web-cam, that is) while the
realistic style is just awe-inspiring to others if executed well (as many
people here tend to do).  Then again, the lego-style buildings do not look
as impressive on the outside, and the realistic-style buildings are tricky
to photo scenes on the inside (unless you photo during the construction,
which I have tried before).  Please let me know if you plan to publish your
town on the internet, I will place it in the Open Directory.
~Chris Fortier
www.chrisfortier.com