 Town / 3240
Re: Town Style
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 05:48:22 GMT

I personally find that the "lego style" I chose was based on space and
amount of legos.  I have few of either, so in many cases throughout my town
layout, my buildings looked like TLC style.  However, buildings that could
be viewed from all sides had 4 walls.  In this way the viewer would see a
"realistic" lego city while maximizing space and pieces.

If I had lots o' money to spend on legos and wasnt moving into a dorm, I
would use the 4 wall technique because I feel it allows more creativity and
continuity in the building.  However, building in lego set style can offer
its own challenges - like maximizing pieces.

Overall, I find a mix of styles looks nice, and can be the most plausible
way to do things when you dont have alot.

-Dave Amos
http://www.bricktannia.com