 Town / 3200
Re: New Fire Station
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 00:16:25 GMT

Hi Greg,

Thanks, I am glad you like it. I have been using the castle doors for
awhile now, I think they give the stations a "rustic" look. I haven't quite
done the interior yet. I have 9 stations built, and two complete interiors,
and just don't have the peices to do the interiors in all of them.
The station is loosely based on a station in Cambridge MA wich can be seen
here http://www.ci.cambridge.ma.us/%7ECFD/lafayettesq.html
Engine Co. #9 was my first set also. I pretty much lost all the peices over
the years, but was lucky enough to find one in a collection myself and a few
other people bought a few weeks ago!!! The only thing missing was the clock
sticker. In that same collection I also got a MISB 6609 Snorkel Pumper, and
a MISB 6650 Fire and Rescue Van, among other sets. I would love to open
them, but it would almost break my heart to do so.

Thanks again for looking
Tom D
In lugnet.town, Greg Howell writes:

Tom,

I LOVE this station. It reminds me of one of my first, and therefore
favorite sets, Engine Co. #9. I dig your use of castle doos and all the
other little details. When are we going to get interior pics?

GREG~