 Town / 2761
Re: Childhood memories of making all town cars Road Warriors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 02:24:31 GMT

Scott E. Sanburn wrote:
Well, I did that too, but I did it from a Show called MASK or MASK's. it was
about these good and bad people that had these special cars, when they put
their masks on, their vehicle of choice transformed to a fighting machine.
My favorite was a Camaro that had gull door wings that turned into a jet. My
LEGO version was just a regular car with the roof piece on each side that
hinged into fly mode. I had several cars, trucks, and semi's that did that.
There wwas a motocycle, a blazer, etc. I have not seen anything on those in
years.

I think a whole year of my childhood lego experience was devoted to
making lego models off that show.  MASK (Mobile Armoured Strike Kommand)
fighting the evil agents of VENOM (Vicious Evil Network of Mayhem :) and
their plan of world conquest.  I built a whole series of mask-related
creations, including the above mentioned flying car (This show was on
about the same time as Back to the Future came out- deloreans were hip
then).  My favorite was the secret underground(?) mountain base.  My
version took up four baseplates and had a mountain slope made from an
old brown towel and a framework of technic beams.  I had all sorts of
transforming things within the base.

Scott, Thanks for bringing back warm childhood memories after a
stressful day  :)

for info regarding the show:
http://www.80scartoons.net/toons/mask.html

-chris