 Town / 2755
Re: Childhood memories of making all town cars Road Warriors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 20:12:40 GMT

In lugnet.town, Chris Pederson writes:
I just pieced together an old set I made in like 1983 and suddenly had a
flashback of something I'd forgotten I used to always do (until obsessed
with non-town lines.  I used to make all the car chasis deals into road
warrior cars, all of them.  I'd put one of those large laser blasters behind
one of the doors, some kind of gun or laser on the front and have my Road
Warrior armies patrol the wasteland.  I used to do this so much I was
wondering if anyone else did.  I also fixed up a gun for my motorcycle of
course.

I was plunging into the depths of my dark ages when Mad Max came out. I was
very taken with those movies, though, and my high school friends and I spent
countless hours mimic'ing them by playing Car Wars.

Now, all we have to do is convince some Car Wars designing AFOL to port
Pirate Wars to Car Wars.

Heck, maybe for fun I'll make a few Car Wars type MOC's while watching
Junkyard Wars or BattleBots.

George