 Town / 2756
Re: Childhood memories of making all town cars Road Warriors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 20:24:49 GMT

In article <GAGo54.vE@lugnet.com>,
George Haberberger <George.Haberberger@usa.xerox.com> wrote:
Now, all we have to do is convince some Car Wars designing AFOL to port
Pirate Wars to Car Wars.

It's really pretty much already done-- Car Wars is a very easily adaptable
system to larger scales.

I'd suggest simply going with a scale of, say, 6 or 8 studs = 1/2 inch in
Car Wars terms and then go build the vehicle you designed in the normal
Car Wars system. Since all the maneuvers are actually simply angles, you
can throw out the turn-key and just use a large protractor-- or build a
large turn key out of some nice heavy cardboard. (or perhaps out of lego...)

Of course, at this point you're talking Car Wars that just happen to be using
Lego ministures.

It would be kind of interesting to design an Uncle Al's Catalog of Lego Based
Car-Wars Weaponry, though, so people can look at your car and know what it
is, though...

-JDF
--
J.D. Forinash                                     ,-.
foxtrot@cc.gatech.edu                            ( <