 Town / 248
Re: Inspire me!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 20:51:19 GMT

Sanjay D'Souza wrote:

<snip>

(1) The American spelling of Centre is Center which obviously is totally
wrong  ;-)

<snip>

This is one Americans got right!  Even though the English invented the
language - the French perverted it beginning in 1066.  The Americans
simply "fixed" the adultery introduced by the French.  Language is a
living, evolving thing; that's part of what's so great about it.

[followups set to lugnet.off-topic.fun]

--
Thomas Main
main@appstate.edu