 Town / 2421
Re: Town building contest voting - possible problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 04:48:07 GMT

I wrote to Shane Brunazzi - warning of the possibility that someone was
multi-voting for his and other models. His reply, in part (posted with
permission) follows:

     Second, I thought that this contest voting was open to everyone.  I
forwarded the voting site address to all my friends.  And I told them to • vote
for shane & hilary.  I am sorry if this messed up the contest.  I followed
the rules as I knew them to be.

I had a feeling this might be it. At this point we are so early in the
process that any "early lead" due to Shane's friends will be swallowed up by
the hundred or so people who actually entered the contest, and all the other
people who I expect to vote. Getting ones friends to vote is not against the
rules (at this point the only voting rules are, anyone can vote, and one
person one vote per category).

I have also written to the voting mechanism host asking them exactly how
they prevent multiple voting.

Kevin
Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: http://www.lionsgatemodels.com
Brickbay Lego parts store: http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=Kevinw1