 Town / 1591
Re: What is a mech supposed............
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 2000 05:41:18 GMT

There aren't really any hard and fast rules, but:

In lugnet.town, Bradley Dale writes:
What critera are used to determine if a robot is a mech or not?  Does it have
to be used for war?

No, the Labors in PatLabor were used for all kinds of civil tasks.

Does it have to be big?

Not necessarily huge, although most people would say that if you get too smal,
you really have powered armour instead of a 'Mech.

Does it have to be humanoid?

Not necessarily.  There are Mechs that have no arms and four or more legs, for
example.  To be honest, I'm having trouble coming up with an example off the
top of my head, though.

Is
a Throwbot a kind of mech (they are big compared to minifigs, they have
battles, and most are humanoid)?

I'd say no, because the fairly universal thing about 'mechs is that they have
human pilots.  Or alien pilots, so I guess I should just say they have pilots.

eric