 Town / 1590
Re: What is a mech supposed............
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 2000 03:40:10 GMT

In lugnet.town, Robbie Anderson writes:
What is a mech supposed to be? Did "Mechs" come from a TV show or something?
I don't know a thing about them besides they're pretty neat looking. I never
heard the name "mech" until I looked it up online. Can someone PLEASE tell me
all the things(or most) there is to know about mechs? If you know anything
about mechs, PLEASE E-mail me at: B50twice@aol.com. Whoever does, thanks a
lot!

Well if you really want to brush up on your animated mech history, check out a
cartoon called Gigantor (Tetsujin 28go in Japan).  Keep in mind this is as far
from gundam wing as you will ever get and still contain giant robots (Think
Iron Giant (the movie is basically a rip-off of this cartoon)).  This is the
first mech oriented cartoon that I know of (early sixties).  I'm pretty sure
that there was a rerelease in color a couple of years back but I have yet to
see any of the tapes.  My only exposure to it consists of an 8mm reel owned by
a friend.

Adam