 Town / 1046
  Metroploitian Airport Project

Yes, yet another airport dream... I haven't built with legos for over 5 years, when I was 13. But I wishtake it up as a more serious hobby. I'm going the whole 9 yards on this one... The current details are as follows for a large airport: - 130+ (...) (24 years ago, 14-May-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Metroploitian Airport Project

To what scale are you building the aircraft? If you build to TLC scale you aeroplanes will be pretty small and indistinquisable from one another. On the other hand building to minifig scale (i.e. build a 747 to accommodate 600 minifigs) things could (...) (24 years ago, 14-May-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Metroploitian Airport Project

In lugnet.town, Joe Macias writes: You do realize to get all those sets you'll have to pay over $1000. But this airport does sound cool! Alan (24 years ago, 14-May-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Metroploitian Airport Project

In lugnet.town, Joe Macias writes: <snip> Wow! That's ambitious. Sounds great, though! (...) From my (and other people's) experiences, painting on studs, hinges and other interlocking parts will affect their compatability for the worse. Sorry :-( (...) (24 years ago, 15-May-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Metroploitian Airport Project

(...) Ambitious? Theres an understatment. If you pull this off, I'll revear (How do you spell that word?) As a god. What you plan is simply amazing... But instead of buying all those specialty sets, I recommend just finding auctions and such, It (...) (24 years ago, 15-May-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Metroploitian Airport Project

(...) Where does an 18 year-old get the funds for a project like this? Especially if you are or will be a college student next year, as I will be... But if you can pull it off, all the more power to you! --Bram Bram Lambrecht.........Br...L@JUNO.com (...) (24 years ago, 15-May-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Metroploitian Airport Project

(...) Actually, If room cooperates I fully intend to put a few thousand dollars into this project over a span of a year or two. Hopefully I can sell some hockey cards of mine to help. As of today I have no legos at all... I had to part with my huge (...) (24 years ago, 15-May-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Metroploitian Airport Project

(...) Actually, If room cooperates I fully intend to put a few thousand dollars into this project over a span of a year or two. Hopefully I can sell some hockey cards of mine to help. As of today I have no legos at all... I had to part with my huge (...) (24 years ago, 15-May-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Metroploitian Airport Project

(...) revere Alan (24 years ago, 15-May-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Metroploitian Airport Project

(...) it over a period of two+ years?! I know a guy whose mom and dad made him a fund that he could collect at maturity after turning 18, but he waited until after college (which, thanks to a scholarship, was 75% covered) to buy a boat and Camaro (...) (24 years ago, 15-May-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Metroploitian Airport Project

don't know about how to make the nose cone and cockpit for a plane that wide. Have you considered 6 wide aircrafts heres a link to a plane with that concept (URL) this helps -Jeremy (24 years ago, 16-May-00, to lugnet.town)