 Town / 1046
1045  |  1047
Subject:
Metroploitian Airport Project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Sun, 14 May 2000 20:39:47 GMT

Yes, yet another airport dream...
I haven't built with legos for over 5 years, when I was 13. But I wishtake it
up as a more serious hobby. I'm going the whole 9 yards on this one... The
current details are as follows for a large airport:

- 130+ street/runway plates with a size a little less than 12'x12' (About 14
plates by 14 plates), 90+ Straight, 17+ Intersections, 22 Tee Intersections
- Two large elevated terminals serving 12 planes each with walkway gates,
Total of 24 gates, considering moving up to 36 gates if space permits.
- 2 runways 14 plates long, full service taxiways,
- Tower & Fire Station,
- Airport Shuttle - 3 Trams
- Outdoor Check-In Counter / Baggage Claim
- Some type of (bi/tri)-level parking structure
- 8 Hangars
- 4 Industrial Gates
- 3 Wind Socks

Sets on the checklist include (And please... Don't laugh):
*** Denotes Promo Items

1475 - Airport Security Squad
1772 - Airport Food Truck ***
1773 - Airport Specialty Set***
1775 - Airliner & Tower???*** (VERY Interested in this set)
1818 - Starliner (2x)
1895 - Police Airplane
1973 - Emirates Airliner (4x)***
2532 - Passenger Plane (4x)***
6556 - Med-Star Rescue Plane
6368 - Jet Airliner (4x)
6375 - Trans Air Carrier (2x)
6377 - Delivery Center (2x)
6440 - Jetport Fire Squad (2x)
6482 - Rescue Helicopter
6614 - Launch Evac (2x)
6399 - Airport Shuttle
I will probably need the tracks and shuttles from 3 sets, not sure if anybody
has seperate parts to this particular model.
6392, 6396, 6597 - Various Airports
From these particular sets I will need the Runways, Airliners, Large Windows
and various smaller parts.

A few questions...

Runways are partly green. It would look a tad silly to have a terminal built on
grass. Were there ever and gray runways made? Can the green ones be painted
gray and not affect the studs interlocking?

I'm am interested in using actual lights for the runways (X-Mas?), and putting
lights on top of the terminals overlooking the taxiways and gates. Any
suggestions?

I'm most concearned about the baseplates, the shuttles/tracks, and the promo
items. Any thoughs, additions, questions? I can post the color coded overview/
schematic if anybody is further interested...

Thanks,