 Town / 10168
10167  |  10169
Subject:
Minifig scale?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 25 Jul 2008 07:37:32 GMT

Hi all,

Of late I’ve noticed a resurgence in the use of ‘minifig scale’ as a term. Being a mathematically inclined pedant I tend to take issue with this term as minifigs are so deformed it strikes me as impossible to define a single ‘scale’ to them.

As an indirect result of my pedantry I decided to try something out and do a silhouette comparison shot featuring a person (me in fact) standing next to minifigs at differing scales.

Scaled minifigs
and me in silhouette

For further fun I calculated another example: a Toyota Landcruiser. This has a bonnet width of about 2m which translates to (rounding up) 7.2 studs (1:35), 6.3 studs (1:40), 5.7 studs (1:44) or 5.2 studs (1:48).

Anyway, I hope this helps/annoys/amuses/entices/etc. someone else. I got a giggle.

Tim