 Technic / Bionicle / 20
  LEGO Company in the News : Bionicle release

Today on MSNBC/WSJ: "Lego leaps into action-figure fray with Bionicle heroes, adventure story" "Talk of violence and weapons grates on Lego executives" By Joseph Pereira, The Wall Street Journal (URL) new core value on the way?) ;-) Don't miss the (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO Company in the News : Bionicle release

(...) attempt to capitalize on a successful formula for the toy industry in recent years" I think they are self-deluded. It's easy to point to the successes of this "formula" while conveniently overlooking the flops. Ask Hasbro. Where's the cartoon (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: LEGO Company in the News : Bionicle release

(...) The bit that really puzzles me is how they're trying to link bionicle to...skateboarding? Maybe I'm just thinking too straightforwardly, but none of the pictures I've seen have had anything resembling skateboards in them... J (23 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: LEGO Company in the News : Bionicle release

(...) I agree with Erik. This kind of Bionicle junk is NOT how TLC got their bricks listed as one of last century's favorite toys. Personally, I hope this Bionicle stuff blows up in their smug corporate face. I can easily think of half a dozen easy (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

Relax, man. If LEGO didn't experiment we wouldn't have Mindstorms. -- - Joe "richard marchetti" <blueofnoon@aol.com> wrote in message news:G83HGp.2uL@lugnet.com... (...) of (...) blows (...) (23 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

"Suzanne D. Rich" <suz@baseplate.com> wrote in message news:G83DEH.FG7@lugnet.com... (...) Like the director of Texas Chainsaw Massacre calling it a film about DIY regards lawrence (23 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: LEGO Company in the News : Bionicle release

(...) Well, for *really* good chili it kind of is... =oP -- Richard (yes, in fact, my middle name is Hannibal -- I just spell it more latin-like) (23 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: LEGO Company in the News : Bionicle release

(...) Well you are right but on thier website for Tahu it says: "Tahu is most at home in the hot molten world of the Mangai Volcano where he surfs on lava flows, using his sword of flames to cut through rocks and keep the lava moving down towards (...) (23 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: LEGO Company in the News : Bionicle release

(...) This comes more from promoting the product in an appropriate place, than it does because there is Skateboarding involved with the product line. Think about TV, certain commercials are run during certain shows because of the type of people that (...) (23 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)