 Technic / 9739
  Crazy building moment?

Ok, I think the most crazy building moment of mine is arriving soon :) I'v already built a hoovercraft that worked, and had both lift and thrust on it. The steering was not so good, but that can be sorted out later. But I have broken the axel (the (...) (21 years ago, 30-Mar-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Crazy building moment?

(...) Heh... no. (...) Will it use any non-Lego elements? :) Can't wait to see what you cook up. -JHK (URL) (21 years ago, 30-Mar-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Crazy building moment?

(...) Good luck mate, you'll need it! But I have complete confidence in that someday someone will make it work! Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 31-Mar-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Crazy building moment?

Øyvind Steinnes's utterance expressed in news:HCKC71.t5z@lugnet.com: (...) To steer a kite is one thing - to actually make lift - with a battery-driven motor? I am sure it cannot be done using only lego parts - to lift the batterybox alone it will (...) (21 years ago, 31-Mar-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Crazy building moment?

(...) It's good to see some crazy ones out there. (...) Good luck. A long while ago (maybe 10 years) I tried building some 100% Lego gliders but no success. This is the year to try stuff like this. After all, the Wright Brothers flew 100 yrs. ago (...) (21 years ago, 31-Mar-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Crazy building moment?

hey guys is plastic film (bag) permited i know i probably ask for it but... i forgot so the question is is "as pure lego as possible" still pure lego if we use plastic bag if not the second question is how to build kite it is impossible if lego (...) (21 years ago, 31-Mar-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Crazy building moment?

(...) If you ask me - I think that if it is very Lego based in structure and function then I can bend on this one. :-) I think the film, vessels (like my soda bottles) are easy enough for most people to get. Like string. I wouldn't be one to say (...) (21 years ago, 31-Mar-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Crazy building moment?

"pixel" <pixsrv@poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message news:HCLuB8.u6z@lugnet.com... (...) I can not see any other way then using some plastic film of some sort. And I'm sure that using only bricks and plates on a LEGO airplane will make it TOO heavy to (...) (21 years ago, 31-Mar-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Crazy building moment?

(...) I don't think it can be made with lift. But a sail plane is not unrealistic or some other UL craft. (...) Nope, MTB's only need speed and bumps for take off! Oh wait! Is not that thrust and lift? Happy landing, my knee and elbow got alergic to (...) (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Crazy building moment?

when i think of lego plane i have some problems (questions) i can imagine the wings and the fuselage but the propeller and the motor it is problem the battery box or rcx is a little bit heavy but let's say you will build the plane that could (will) (...) (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Crazy building moment?

Hi pixel, Not 100% Lego, but there is a Lego glider pilot out there (URL) hope it helps at least a bit! (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Crazy building moment?

"pixel" <pixsrv@poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message news:HCnKnF.2uz@lugnet.com... (...) RCX is deffinitly too heavy. But just the 9v batterybox and an 4.5v electric motor? Propeller is still a problem with LEGO :( Hope the LEGO company soon will (...) (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Crazy building moment?

(...) how about using the Williams F1 "shells"? they work(on hovercrafts, anyway.) And as for a motor,how about the 8472's built in 4.5v motor+battery box? It gives two outputs and a lot of torque (never mind the speed:) Then you could have wing (...) (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Crazy building moment?

"miguel agullo" <technicpuppy@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:HCnquD.Ht5@lugnet.com... (...) hi miguel (...) it gives me image how big wings have to be to carry on rcx thanx a lot regards pixel (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Crazy building moment?

"Øyvind Steinnes" <senniets@online.no> wrote in message news:HCo9tG.1zEv@lugnet.com... (...) i hope TLC ppl are watching us :)) and they think about us all gurus do this i hope (...) good point to start i heard the ancient story about chinesse man (...) (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Crazy building moment?

"mat" <mjeffery@seatonhs.sa.edu.au> wrote in message news:HCovMq.z5@lugnet.com... (...) this is not a real challange :) cause it can fly with just one fun i'll do the schema of plastic film for you and other today pixel (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Crazy building moment?

"mat" <mjeffery@seatonhs.sa.edu.au> wrote in message news:HCovMq.z5@lugnet.com... (...) (URL) (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Crazy building moment?

(...) Thanks Pixel. I tried and tried (I think I can I think I can...) But I couldn't seem to get enough lift. Maybe the new plastic designs will help :) -Matt (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Crazy building moment?

(...) this. But i'm gonna use conventinal rc parts for power (ie motor, prop, servos) and make the rest of the plane Lego. I don't know how "pure" this is and i don't care. All i want is to make a plane made of mostly Lego fly. I might be naive but (...) (19 years ago, 2-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Crazy building moment?

Hi Like Tommy Eriksson I have also decided to post a reply to this old thread. I am in the process of trying to make LEGO fly but unlike Tommy, I am going for a small light powered glider that is catapulted from a Technic "ballista-like" affair that (...) (19 years ago, 19-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)