 Technic / 9327
Re: Moc: Digger
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.se
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 07:05:25 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Thomas Avery writes:
In lugnet.technic, Tobbe Arnesson writes:
OK, so I can't figure out how that thing works...

I won't try to explain it. Actually, I don't think I fully realize it, and
would benefit greatly from seeing a model in action.

Try studying this image:
http://stripmine.org/wwwboard/stripmine/uploads/super_front_4.jpg

It shows a break-down of the components and how they move. It's quite
interesting.

I was studying that image, but I still can't quite make it out.

What line controls what?

The bottom line seems to control the angle of the bucket via the
parallelograms, the top wheel/line would raise the bucket into the air but what
does the back wheel/line do? Does it move the whole superfront forward/backward?

http://stripmine.org/wwwboard/stripmine/uploads/super_front_2.jpg
Calls them "Crowd ropes" but my English is not *that* good :)

This would mean that this "digger" could make a perfect 90-degree cut into the
ground by moving the bucket forward and then raising straight up.

1) Adjust the tilt/angle of the bucket with the bottom wheel/line.
2) Push the bucket forward with the rear wheel/line.
3) Lift the bucket with the top wheel/line.

Also, how does the dipper door open? Is it done via gravity or?

Seems like an impressive machine but, as mentioned in the board, the joint
would suffer from tremendous force.

Best regards,
/Tobbe
http://www.lotek.nu