 Technic / 9361
Re: Moc: Digger
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.se
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 23:54:54 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Thomas Avery writes:
In lugnet.technic, Tobbe Arnesson writes:
In lugnet.technic, Thomas Avery writes:
http://stripmine.org/wwwboard/stripmine/uploads/super_front_4.jpg
I was studying that image, but I still can't quite make it out.
What line controls what?

Good question. It's not really clear from the image what each line is doing.

The bottom line seems to control the angle of the bucket via the
parallelograms, the top wheel/line would raise the bucket into the
air but what does the back wheel/line do? Does it move the whole
superfront forward/backward?

I think so. It appears that way.

The two top ropes work very similar to the ropes on Pehter's digger. The cut is
away from the machine instead of towards, so the rope is on the top of the
crowd "linkage" instead of the bottom. It's interesting how the bucket tilt
mechanism interacts with that linkage.

There is no cable pulling the bucket towards the machine - to do that you need
to hoist the main boom higher and let gravity pull the arm in 8?)

ROSCO