 Technic / 9246
  Centrifugal clutch?

Has anyone made a centrifugal clutch from Lego bricks? Searching Google, lugnet news, and brickshelf didn't turn up anything. I found a Meccano one here: (URL) motorizing a monorail switch (which was surprisingly easy), but I'd like to disengage the (...) (21 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Centrifugal clutch?

(...) make mistakes before :) I'm thinking a large rim, such as the one for the <set:8448> Super Car Mk II, an axle goes through the rim with one stud lenght sticking out on the inside. The outside shaft is attched to what ever needs to be driven. (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Centrifugal clutch?

Pixel gave me an idea in his message about new parts, this part can be used as a weight: (URL) a good one 'cause it slides well on an axle and it has a cross axle hole in the other end thus a small wheel can be attached for greater friction against (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Centrifugal clutch?

you are right tobbe but without lubrication it will probably not working cause of force which will work on the weel you talked caouse ther will no balance :((( but the idea is good pixel "Tobbe Arnesson" <StPnAtM@lotek.nu> wrote in message (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Centrifugal clutch?

(...) I'm not sure I follow your English this time pixel? Sure there will be some friction on the pin that the 6641 slide on, but I don't think it will be greater then the centrifugal force. A rubber band that retracts the 6641's is also needed. I (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Centrifugal clutch?

"Tobbe Arnesson" <StPnAtM@lotek.nu> wrote in message news:HAAt24.BJz@lugnet.com... (...) i'm sure you do :))))) (...) don't (...) will (...) sometimes when i move the gear stick along the axle it has a lot of friction (some axles are thinner than (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Centrifugal clutch?

look here deep link (URL) moderation (URL) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Centrifugal clutch?

and the other app deep link (URL) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Centrifugal clutch?

Hi, I made something like this a year or two ago, I will see if I can find some picture's of it. Guido (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Centrifugal clutch?

(...) I am leaning this way. I think even the little extra load of the clutch attached to the monorail switch might prevent the monorail train from operating it. My switch is adapted from Guido Heunen's ((URL) -- thanks Guido!) in that I have an 8t (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Centrifugal clutch?

(...) These look good! I like the use of the crossover catch, Tobbe. For a drum I've been playing with a solid wheel I can't find on Peeron: it appears to have part number 32247 stamped on it. It's about 42mm (5 studs) in diameter. The rim is 2 (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Centrifugal clutch?

(...) My bricks are currently packed away in cardboard boxes for transport to a new apartment this weekend so I can't try them myself. Do they work? How well? Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 18-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Centrifugal clutch?

"Tobbe Arnesson" <StPnAtM@lotek.nu> wrote in message news:HAHuu4.FKG@lugnet.com... (...) new (...) i've been thinking why you are not "online enough" :))) probably this is an answer (...) the problem is there is not soft (light) enough rubber so in (...) (21 years ago, 18-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Centrifugal clutch?

(...) Nah, it's more in the lines of actually having work to do. I almost only "Lugnet" from work since I rather not use my computer at home if I don't have to, eight hours per day at work is enough computing for me :) Also, since I mostly Lugnet (...) (21 years ago, 18-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)