 Technic / 9230
  Moc: Digger

Since I do not have any pneumatic left for the moment I have made a modell from the 50:s wirecontroled diggers. After having seen one irl I was amazed by the control the digger have. Must say that after some practice you can have really precision on (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.se)

  Re: Moc: Digger

(...) I know I did one in LEGO when I was a kid [1] that I showed at school - about grade 4 or 5 I think. Keep up the good work! ROSCO [1] I wish someone had thought to photograph some of the models I made when I was a kid... (21 years ago, 11-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.se)

  Re: Moc: Digger

(...) In fact I think there is one about 15 minutes driving from home, perhaps time to extend the pipeline even further :) However, I think you should have incorporated the bucket tilting into your model. If you look at the real Åkerman it has a (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Moc: Digger

(...) Perhaps not right now. (...) This model has no tilting bucket: (URL) the arm can be switched, I saw some pictures with a snowbucket attached to an arm. (URL) pictures 400k) /Pehter (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Moc: Digger

(...) Modelteam and Technic. It's refreshing to see something like this, it reminds me of classic sets of long ago. -TJ www.texbrick.com (21 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.se)

  Re: Moc: Digger

(...) Cool! So when will we see outside photos of yours? I suppose it's still some snow even in Motala? Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Moc: Digger

(...) Thanks. I wish I had the 851/952 tractor to pull, would have been more right in style. The 8859 has to much of an modern tractor to look right. /Pehter (21 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.se)

  Re: Moc: Digger

(...) in interesting ways 8?) (URL) if link wraps) ROSCO (21 years ago, 17-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.se)

  Re: Moc: Digger

Intresting, thanks. I already have an idea for the next one, about same size as the other one. We'll se when it's finished. /Pehter (...) (21 years ago, 17-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Moc: Digger

(...) of it? :) (...) You could use (URL) for things like this... Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 18-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.se)

  Re: Moc: Digger

(...) I won't try to explain it. Actually, I don't think I fully realize it, and would benefit greatly from seeing a model in action. Try studying this image: (URL) shows a break-down of the components and how they move. It's quite interesting. -TJ (21 years ago, 18-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.se)

  Re: Moc: Digger

(...) I was studying that image, but I still can't quite make it out. What line controls what? The bottom line seems to control the angle of the bucket via the parallelograms, the top wheel/line would raise the bucket into the air but what does the (...) (21 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.se)

  Re: Moc: Digger

(...) Good question. It's not really clear from the image what each line is doing. (...) I think so. It appears that way. (...) Yes. That means they move the bucket back and forth. In this case, it would be the whole front assembly that moves I (...) (21 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.se)

  Re: Moc: Digger

(...) I can see how it's pushed forwards but what retracts it again? Is there another line in the bottom that pulls it back? (...) Crowds are a bunches of people in a tight area :) Thanks! /Tobbe (21 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.se)

  Re: Moc: Digger

Nice picture but I think I'm more into: (URL) so hard to understand, Tobbe ;) But the other one is interesting. Wish I had more thread thou. /Pehter (...) (21 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.se)

  Re: Moc: Digger

(...) Gravity, me thinks. (21 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.se)

  Re: Moc: Digger

(...) The two top ropes work very similar to the ropes on Pehter's digger. The cut is away from the machine instead of towards, so the rope is on the top of the crowd "linkage" instead of the bottom. It's interesting how the bucket tilt mechanism (...) (21 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.se)

  Re: Moc: Digger

Note to lugnet.loc.se readers; My intention was to remember trimming this group out this time but there's an interesting URL at the bottom for us Swedes. I did set FUT lugnet.technic like Pehter should have done in the first place though. (...) I (...) (21 years ago, 20-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.se)