 Technic / 8096
8095  |  8097
Subject:
Pneumatic tubes capabilities
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 17:17:30 GMT

Hi,

I have recently developed a pneumatic gizmo to remotely act on my train
track points, which is working quite nicely. The thing is, I don't know *how
far apart* can I place the compressor so that the loss of charge in the
tubes isn't too big. Has anyone tested this?
And another question, related: to remotely act on the points, I need to have
the pneu-switches *far* from the points (doh!). But by doing that, instead
of having one *long* tube from the compressor to the pneu-switch, I'll have
two from the pneu-switch to the pneumatic cylinder. Does that mean the
design will work less efficiently, or is the difference neglectible?

TIA,

Pedro