 Technic / 809
  removing a spring from the pneumatic pump

I just purchased a technic sub with the large pneumatic pump. I was wondering if there is an easy way to remove the spring from the pump. I've seen pictures of motorized compressors with the spring off the pump, but don't see how you get it off (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: removing a spring from the pneumatic pump

You can work the spring off the top of the plunger by pulling on it and unscrewing it over the knob on the plunger. It will distort the spring slightly, but it can be reinstalled in a reverse manner and still work well. -- Bob Fay (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: removing a spring from the pneumatic pump

Note that most of the motorized compressors I've seen on the web do not use the large pump that comes with the explorer sub, they use the smaller things. Somewhere there is a web site that describes using an RCX to measure the efficiency of 3 (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: removing a spring from the pneumatic pump

(...) You can also do the same off the side of the shaft - a variation of Mr. Fay's technique which causes a bit less distortion. It's hard to describe, but if you get a thumbnail under the very end of the spring-wire, you can pull the end around (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic)

Good idea, Phil. Definitely a less destructive way to do it. -- Bob Fay rfay@we.mediaone.net The Shop (URL) Ogston" <ogstonpj@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:FoI82r.I95@lugnet.com... (...) well. (...) Fay's (...) if (...) the end (...) have (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: removing a spring from the pneumatic pump

(...) It's here (URL) C S Soh (URL) where air is power (24 years ago, 5-Feb-00, to lugnet.technic)