 Technic / 7855
Re: I need technic!!!!!!!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 14:00:33 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Allan Portillo writes:
I get the funny feeling that the technic line is going down the pan. Technic
is my favorite line that lego has produced. Is there any way we can restore
the technic line to it's former glory. I do hope that lego are working on
some large technic sets for the coming years very much so.

What would you like to see be turned into a big technic set?

Brad Justus stated at BrickFest 2002 that Techinc was not dead. I think he
indicated that new sets were coming out in the third quarter.

Also, pictures from the Altered States Magazine covering Toy Fare indicate
possibly 3 or 4 new medium to large Technic sets (racer themed?)
http://www.alteredstatesmag.com/mar2002/lego_racers.shtml

Does LEGO Count Bionicle as a Technic element styled set? You probably don't
want to think of Bionicle as a Technic set but maybe LEGO Executives think of
it that way.

Also there are 4 current Technic style Star Wars themed sets; Darth Vader,
R2D2, Jango Fett, and the new Droid. These probably do not excite you for the
Technic theme but they have some great pieces. LEGO Executives might be
counting these as a Technic set.

Finally, how much of the limited production for Technic pieces is being placed
in the production of the Spybotics theme?

I think if we keep in mind that there is a limited number of "new" sets that
will come out each year and that sets seem to have a 2 or 3 year "shelf" life,
then I think we can keep in perspective that there will only be so many sets
each year in a particular theme. Brad mentioned something about S K U 's. My
limited experience with retail leaves me to assume, in conjunction with what
Brad was saying, that there is only going to be a certain number of sets
released each year and a limited number available in total each year.

After all, they have to say some of their great ideas, sets, and designs for
the coming years.

I know that might not be what you want to hear, but there it is.

;-)

Todd