 Technic / 7734
  Prototype Pneumtic Excavator Controls

I've come up with a prototype design for a for a pair of control levers that can operate the 4 major digging functions of a Hydraulic excavator without the operator having to take their hands off them to reach another control. (URL) idea was to (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Prototype Pneumtic Excavator Controls

(...) The brickshelf moderator fascist's have cleared my pic's so those links will work now and my earlier post will make that much more sense. Steve (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Prototype Pneumtic Excavator Controls

(...) Now that is one of the neatest technic/pnu things I've seen in a long time (since Jen Clark's hand held pnu unit with compressor built in!) Dave K (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Prototype Pneumtic Excavator Controls

(...) Brickshelf moderator fascists? Would that be the guy Kevin Loch, who's selflessly put 3+ years into the community, providing instruction and catalog scans and free picture hosting space out of his own pocket? If you don't like what he's been (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Prototype Pneumtic Excavator Controls

(...) Impudent ingrate. -John (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Prototype Pneumtic Excavator Controls

(...) Other people are opposed to brickshelf moderation as well: (URL) use of the term fascist wasn't meant that seriously, It does seem to be using a bit of a sledgehammer/nut situation though. We have the same problem in UK traffic management. (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Prototype Pneumtic Excavator Controls

(...) or don't complain about the FREE service. James FUT --> lugnet.publish (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Prototype Pneumtic Excavator Controls

What is the point of this? Was this really a post that needed to be made by anyone other than Kevin? I think that Kevin deserves a huge box of Lego for his efforts with Brickshelf, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. Why not offer something (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Prototype Pneumtic Excavator Controls

(...) It's a free country, even if it's not a free brickshelf. I have a democratic right to moan :-). (...) I haven't finished in .technic yet I think this guy has the right idea, he makes a lot of sense. (URL) (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Prototype Pneumtic Excavator Controls

(...) As has been mentioned several times, you can deep link direct to the .jpg before the images are moderated, which is less likely to cause angst among lugnetters (many of whom are good mates with "moderator fascist" Kevin) than sentences such as (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Prototype Pneumtic Excavator Controls

(...) That's an excellent idea, Steve. (...) Jennifer and I got together at the 'fest and improved the performance of the R996 greatly. She hooked up one of her compressors to my excavator and it worked great. That tells me that my first serious (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Prototype Pneumtic Excavator Controls

(...) I dunno, Jennifer and that bobcat. She took me on, over a year ago with it. Her bobcat versus my Cat D11 (since cannibalized but I have the chassis still). We we're both prepared to sacrifice the surface of Tony Priestman's (chesirefest (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Prototype Pneumtic Excavator Controls

(...) I've just had another look at your controller, it looks as though it's covered in valves but actually four of them are really electrical switches that only look like valves, you've put the same handles on everything. A closer look reveals the (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)