 Technic / 7550
Re: Motorized Switch
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 7 Jun 2002 16:15:45 GMT

"James Brown" <galliard@shades-of-night.com> wrote in message
news:GxCEMC.Ayo@lugnet.com...
Hi Jürgen,

I had looked at that thread a while ago for ideas, but skipped a lot of • the
suggestions because they involved sensors or complex-seeming technic
assemblies.  Looking through it again, I find that my switch is *very*
similar to Carlo Ottolina's (sp?),

Hey! That's me!...

except for the touch sensor.  I wanted to
avoid anything expensive like touch sensors or RCX bricks because we • (NALUG)
have 23 switches on our layout this year, and 23 is a lot of expensive
sensors!  (and 8 is a lot of expensive RCX bricks, too...)

Mario Ferrari built a sensorless version of my switch that worked well
enough.
I had to use the sensors, since my two switchs went into an  "hump yard"
that could make a big *crunch* if one of them was in the wrong position...

--
Cheers
Carlo