 Technic / 706
Re: Thoughts on 8448 (compared to 8880)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 02:52:02 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Dave Baum writes:
I do one of two things with my sets:

A) If it was an interesting model that I'd like to build again, I put it
back in its own box.  In this case, I hardly ever go back to it for
individual parts - perhaps I pull out a few unique parts (leaving a note
to myself of course), but in general the intention is that the next time I
use the set it will be to build the original model again.

B) Some models aren't interesting enough to warrant such special
treatment, so the parts just get mixed in with all my other Technic
(properly sorted of course).

Ah.  My "problem", then, is that I only buy interesting sets.  :^)

I truly admire Lego's design ingenuity, and I really like building
sets like 8880, 8480, 8868, etc., just to admire their techniques.

I guess I should start buying up some bulk pieces, just to have some
to build with.  I've got two RIS's now, so that'll be a good start.

-Tim