 Technic / 696
Re: Thoughts on 8448 (compared to 8880)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 00:49:52 GMT

I do one of two things with my sets:

A) If it was an interesting model that I'd like to build again, I put it
back in its own box.  In this case, I hardly ever go back to it for
individual parts - perhaps I pull out a few unique parts (leaving a note
to myself of course), but in general the intention is that the next time I
use the set it will be to build the original model again.

B) Some models aren't interesting enough to warrant such special
treatment, so the parts just get mixed in with all my other Technic
(properly sorted of course).

8448 (and 8880) fall into category A.  I'm going to try to disassemble
8448 down to the components in the reverse order they were built so
hopefully I can get all of the engine parts in one box, the steering in
another, etc.  Anything I'm uncertain of will wind up in Box #1 so that I
won't be missing it as I build the model next time.

However, I can see that if you wanted to disassemble it in a way that the
parts themselves were usable to build something else, then the 8448 box is
wholly inadequate for storage.

Dave Baum

In article <Fnv84B.9H1@lugnet.com>, "Tim Rueger" <rueger@io.com> wrote:

Dave,

In lugnet.technic, Dave Baum writes:
[...]
Those 8 sub-boxes in the 8448 actually turned out to be my favorite
feature of the set.  Each box contains the parts for a sub-assembly of the
car itself.  This has several big advantages:
[...]

How do you plan to store this model once you take
it apart?  I prefer keeping models in their
original boxes, and it's a real pain with this one.

-Tim

--
reply to: dbaum at enteract dot com