 Technic / 6373
Re: Lego competitions just like Robotica?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 21:12:49 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Todd A. Schroeder writes:
I am a huge fan of Robotica and have built many Lego robots and vehicles
with different drive mechanisms. Does anyone know of any Lego competitions
where I can test out my designs against other Lego opponents?

Hey, glad to know there are other fans of this sport too. There are very few
Lego robotic *combat* competitons that I know of, but there are a wealth of
other slightly less thrilling contests. The biggest combat for Lego is
RoboGladiators, but an event has not been held since 1999. You also might
want to check out www.battlebricks.com.

<plug> By the way, I'm planning on attending the Northeast Robot Club's
Robot Conflict in New Jersey in March with my Lego/aluminum/stainless steel
hybrid, "Supershock." It's a one pound robot that will hopefully be one of
the fastest robots there. (www.robotconflict.com) </plug>

Oh yeah, one more plug... you should check out my Brickshelf folder :D I
have most of my Lego combat robots there.