 Robotics / 16969
Re: Lego competitions just like Robotica?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 03:00:57 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Todd A. Schroeder writes:
I am a huge fan of Robotica and have built many Lego robots and vehicles
with different drive mechanisms. Does anyone know of any Lego competitions
where I can test out my designs against other Lego opponents?

I'm not sure what "Robotica" is, but if you're interested in building your
own LEGO robots and having them compete against those built by others,
there's several such competitions around.

The one closest to where I live is in Seattle.  I believe the next
competition will be in April.  Here's the web site:
http://www.workshop3d.com/rcx/  If you start building a robot for one of the
events from the last competition, you'll probably be well on the way with
the next one, as the rules usually just evolve slightly.  This event seems
to be held once or twice a year.

A second competition is held more frequently in Toronto, usually two or
three times a year.  The RTLToronto group is having their next competition
February 23rd.  Recently, each time they've had a single event, and it's
always been very different from the last one.  Here's the write up for their
upcoming event: http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego/lego-022302-rules.html

A third choice is that there will be a LEGO robot competition at BricksWest
at Legoland, California in mid-February.  Details will be coming out soon.

I'm sure there are other's out there, but if you're in despirate need of
one, I suggest just organizing your own!

Hope that helps.

--
  David Schilling