 Technic / 6094
Re: FT vs LEGO pneumatics (was: extensions from hitechnicstuff)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 10 Nov 2001 22:14:15 GMT

Ross Crawford wrote:

I noticed on your site you have a bit of a comparison between FT & LEGO
pneumatics. Do you have a comparison of the cylinders? I'm wondering whether FT
have a longer cylinder than LEGO?

The FT work is progressing rather slowly, I'm afraid, due to much
difficulty in photographing the FT elements. They're mostly black and
dull sort of red and don't come out well unlike the colorful LEGO
bricks.

The FT large cylinder is just a bit larger and longer than the LEGO one
with a slightly longer stroke. The small FT cylinder is actually about
3/4 the size of the LEGO large cylinder so it beats the puny LEGO small
cylinder.

The FT pistons slide in and out very smoothly in the cylinders unlike
the LEGO ones which are somewhat stiff. Btw the FT cylinders are
transparent so you don't have to break them apart to see what's inside.

I hope to get pics of them up as soon as possible.
--
C S Soh

CSSoh's Lego Pneumatics
http://www.geocities.com/cssoh1