 Technic / 5230
Re: 120 degree connector
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 19:14:13 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Rob Stehlik writes:
Hi everyone,
Like the subject says, I am looking for a lego piece that is 120 degrees
exactly. I am looking to connect beams at this angle. I measured the angle
connectors that I have (the ones used with axles), and it seems that the #4
is close, but not quite 120 degrees. The only piece I know of that could be
used is the three spoke rotor, but I only have two of those. I tried the
single angle beam, like the black ones that come in the mindstorms set, and
they are very close to 120 degrees, but have to be stretched a bit. Another
thing I noticed was that many of the wheels have 6 hole patterns, and so the
holes are 60 degrees apart, so I might be able to do something with them.
Odes anyone have any better ideas?
Rob

By using 3 of the 24-tooth gears set up into a triangle, you can set the
angles at whatever multiple of 15 degrees you want. If you use the older
gears, you get a direct connect to 4 peg-holes aligned for standard Technic
building on one side with the triangle frame on the other.

Wayne