 Technic / 5101
Re: M1A1 Abrams
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 31 May 2001 22:20:27 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Steven Combs writes:
Alright...Alright...now that I have seen it in action, I have to have one.
How much!!!!  If you aren't going to sell that one, do you plan to create a
.dat file with a parts list so we can all build one?

I can't stop thinking of this 'cost' business so I'll purge my mind with
this post.

I'd never sell the tank unless of course someone made me an offer I
COULDN'T!!! refuse. :-)

I lucked out picking up the parts, their mainly secondhand unused. I was
definately in the right place at the right time and there must be a fair
amount of technic shuttle in it's construction.

The most exspensive part is the tracks and I had to buy two packs off dacta.
I needed the 35 links in each pack to complete the tracks I already had.
You've then got to find 32 model team hubs. 3 gear motors, a micro motor, a
technic turntable, wires, a battery box and of course the R/C gear. When
you've forked out for that lot you can then start buying the bricks and
plates. And finally you need 16 elastic bands for the suspension.

Steve