 Technic / 5072
Re: M1A1 Abrams
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 29 May 2001 23:07:17 GMT

In lugnet.technic, A. Mark Wilburn writes:

Very accurate... instantly recognizable!

Thank you.

Brings back memories of the G.I.Joe Mobat (which was, of course based on an M-1).

I remember the tank but it wasn't called the Mobat here. I loved G.I Joe,
still do, in fact I've still got all mine. :-)

Will you be doing a Merkava next? A Panzer II? Can't wait to see what's next, >based on this.

No plans I'm afraid, I never intended tanks to be a habit, although I am a
big fan and I've already built my favourite the Abrams. Being british though
I think if I did build another it would be a of course a Challenger 2. I
must admit though I'm tempted by Russia's latest, the Black Eagle.

http://members.nbci.com/_XMCM/082499/aviation/archive/armored_vehicles/index.htm

(It's a shame LEGO doesn't produce olive drab bricks. Oh well, at least tan is
possible, except for all those tiles!)

I've wished for olive drab bricks many times.

And you even made it RC???

That was easy thanks to John's unit. Although getting the battery box in was
hard.

Steve