 Technic / 5073
Re: M1A1 Abrams
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 29 May 2001 23:22:27 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Steve Lane writes:

I remember the tank but it wasn't called the Mobat here. I loved G.I Joe,
still do, in fact I've still got all mine. :-) • ...
No plans I'm afraid, I never intended tanks to be a habit, although I am a
big fan and I've already built my favourite the Abrams. Being british though
I think if I did build another it would be a of course a Challenger 2. I
must admit though I'm tempted by Russia's latest, the Black Eagle.

Ah, you're a Brit... that means it wasn't even called G.I.Joe to you, was
it? (Action Force or something? I vaguely recall this since I went to high
school in Hong Kong (at the time a British Colony -- had to take G.C.E. 'O'
and 'A' levels))

Oh.. that's a nice looking piece of mobile armour.

I've wished for olive drab bricks many times.
so many of us have, I'm sure (How else am I supposed to do an A-10
Thunderbolt II? No, I don't want the ghost grey paint scheme) =/

Mark W.