 Technic / 4934
4933  |  4935
Subject:
Spring/elastic wind-up engine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 15 May 2001 20:25:32 GMT

Does anybody have any links to a Technic engine/transmission similar to
those found in wind-up toy cars?  I realize that it isn't as simple as
winding an elastic around an axle since a clutch mechanism would have to be
used to allow the drive wheel(s) to freewheel once the spring/elastic
energy is used up.

I'd try and design one, but sometime tells me a similar mechanism has been
designed before and I'd be very grateful if someone could point me in the
right direction.

Thanks,
Dave

--