 Technic / 4867
Re: Technic "Ball and Axle" part question.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 5 May 2001 17:47:21 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mark Sandlin writes:

AFAIK, the new ball-with technic axle hole only comes with Technic C-3P0 or
Stormtrooper, and not any of the Throwbots. I don't think it comes in
Bionickles either, but I could be mistaken.

~Grand Admiral Muffin Head

Thanks mark. I have to say, I am somewhat frustrated that a great mecha part
like the “Ball/w axle-hole” is in fairly large and expensive sets, though I
am very happy they exist in the first place. Oh well, maybe they will show
up in a cheaper set in the future and I always have my homemade versions.
Come to think of it, if I didn’t have the option to make my own, I probably
would not give a second thought to buying the technic C3PO. If you don’t
mind I have a couple of questions.  Does the axle-hole go right through the
ball? Also, how much of a  2 stud long axle sticks out when inserted?

Thanks for the help.

Jay