 Technic / 4796
RE: Small Axle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2001 17:14:26 GMT

Selçuk Göre writes:
* Very easily broken 1/2 bushes: New design is more flexible. Compare:
http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=4265a
http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=4265b

Hmm, I'm not sure this is a matter of flexibility.  The old half-bushings
were tighter than the newer ones, which is sometimes desirable.  They
probably changed them for the same reason they changed the friction
pins...too hard to remove from constructions.
--Bram

Bram Lambrecht
bram@cwru.edu
http://home.cwru.edu/~bxl34/