 Technic / 4783
Re: Small Axle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 10:17:06 GMT

Steven Lane wrote:

I've just thought of an explanation why some 2L axles have a notches a
quater of the way along. I reckon it's so you can grip the end with a nail
and pull the axle out of a socket hole, It's never occured to me before.

Steve

during the old times (before my dark ages) 2L axles don't have the
notches that you describe, but they naturally gain some irregular
notches while trying to put it from a technic connector/toggle connector
piece.

Actually I remember I was very happy seeing that all four of my nitpicks
from my pre dark age problems with technic pieces had been solved by new
designs of the same pieces:

* 2L axles very hard to disassemble: New design has notches that ypu can
grip and pull. Compare:
http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=3704
http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=32062

* Very easily broken 1/2 bushes: New design is more flexible. Compare:
http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=4265a
http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=4265b

* Very easily broken toggle joints: New design has vertical slits along
its axle sleeve, which makes it more flexible.
http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=4273

* Very easily broken technic 1x plates with holes at ends: New parts
produced from a new type of plastic which is more flexible.
http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=4262 , etc.

The only thing that I'm not happy when I saw it changed was black
friction pegs. Older ones are much more strong and stable, although they
were again hard to pull out from beam holes.

Selçuk