 Technic / 4759
Re: springless pneumatic pump
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 03:54:23 GMT

c s soh wrote:

"Klaas H. Meijaard" wrote:

I've seen a website somewhere...   A guy has done some real good testing (with
help of RCX) regarding the performance of several pneum. pumps.

Simple conclusion: the small one from Lego is the best, just use that one and
leave the large ones with their springs.

I guess I'd better own up to prevent more people wasting their time and
effort trying to remove the spring from the large hand pump.

I think we have all been badly misled by the picture of the Recycler on
the bottom of the RIS 1.0 box which shows the hand pump (with spring
intact) being used as an air compressor.

With or without the spring, the large hand pump performs poorly as a
motorised air compressor. It's great when worked by hand, but that's
what it was designed for.

Agree'd, I'd destroyed mine when I snipped off the spring only to have it not work
well at all.

I have a great 4 pump motor pack now. PSI!

Dean
--
Coin-Op's For Sale!: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/coin-op.html
Dean's Lego Workshop: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/lego_wr.html