 Technic / 4757
Re: springless pneumatic pump
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 29 Apr 2001 22:47:07 GMT

I've seen a website somewhere...   A guy has done some real good testing (with
help of RCX) regarding the performance of several pneum. pumps.

Simple conclusion: the small one from Lego is the best, just use that one and
leave the large ones with their springs.

Besides that: the new motor is strong enough to operate the large pump with the
spring still attached. No problem!

Another solution: use the old red pump, it doesn't have a large knob. Spring
goes off and on without any damage, and it's much easier to connect a 'driven'
axle to.

Klaas from the Netherlands.
Lugnet 291

Tom Heverly schreef:

I see alot of people remove the spring from the large pump to make a
better motorized pump.  I'm gonna try that myself, but I'd hate to
destroy my only large pump, so I'm asking for experience.

Is there anything I should know before I attempt this procedure?

Thanks

Tom Heverly