 Technic / 3797
  Re: I think it's time for a motor grader! Future 8455?

(...) I'll second this! While I've yet to get the Mindstorms set, electrically controlled pneumatic switches would open up so many possibilities. While it is possible at the moment with various mechanisms, the motor overhead (and size) makes it (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: I think it's time for a motor grader! Future 8455?

It should be simple enough to do, too. Just a solenoid controlling a valve piece molded into a piece of plastic, and with a power attachment on top of it for the control pulses. It might require a bit of fiddling with on-neutral-off settings, maybe (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: I think it's time for a motor grader! Future 8455?

(...) This is something I'm just now getting into. There are quite a few things I found. Pneumatic switch and pump: (2 URLs) r/c servos with the RCX (Remote switch): (URL) limiting switch: (URL) acting compressor: (URL) pneumatics reference: (URL) (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: I think it's time for a motor grader! Future 8455?

(...) Indeed, while the stackable brick system sounds good for some cases, I think a greater degree of flexibility would be achieved by having the air supplied to each switch seperate hoses as in the current system. Certainly it may be desirable to (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: I think it's time for a motor grader! Future 8455?

(...) I've put a couple of rough pictures of my new compressor and electric/pneumatic control box online, but will add more and a fuller description when I get time. It is based around an idea Klaas Meijaard mailed me about some time ago, where he (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: I think it's time for a motor grader! Future 8455?

(...) <URLs snipped> Here's another switch design: (URL) Kevin Reid: | Macintosh: "I'm me." | Think different. (23 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: I think it's time for a motor grader! Future 8455?

Patrick Gardella schrieb: (...) The site has moved: (URL) also: (URL) (16 years ago, 27-Feb-08, to lugnet.technic)